Jesus House continues to be committed to serving those in need, including the hungry, addicted, and
impoverished members of our community. We are also committed to being responsible neighbors and
citizens. In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, in accordance with guidance from the state and national health officials, Jesus House has carefully undertaken the following modifications to protect, as much as possible, our clients, outside guests, volunteers, staff, and the broader community.
OUR CURRENT GOALS
- Continue programs while keeping guests, staff, volunteers, and community safe;
- Maintain consistent and transparent communication with community partners to ensure the efficient spread of resources and information throughout Oklahoma;
- Provide community support during a public health emergency;
- Return to normal services as soon as possible.
This plan will be implemented effective 3/19/20 and is as follows:
- Jesus House will temporarily discontinue intakes.
- All meals for outside guests will be served in “to-go” containers. Outside guests will not be
permitted inside Jesus House facilities.
- All volunteers are asked to discontinue classes, meetings, and other services until further notice.
- Family members, visitors, sponsors, and friends of the Jesus House and/or our clients are asked to refrain from visiting.
- Jesus House will be running a drive-through food pantry Wednesday mornings. If you would like food, please stay in your car and wait for our staff to bring food out to you.
- Material donations (especially of food, hygiene equipment/supplies, and art
supplies/puzzles/books) are still needed! If you would like to make a donation, please stay in your car and do not enter the building. Our staff will assist you.
Other things to consider:
* Please consider visiting our Amazon Wish-List to make a donation while maintaining physical distance:https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2WLA06FBI3C6F?ref_=wl_share
* We continue to rely heavily on your financial support to continue our mission of serving those in greatest need. Please contact Connie Christian, Development Director, to make a financial contribution:
As always, we are grateful for your prayers and support.